tater n : an edible tuber native to South America; a staple food of Ireland [syn: potato, white potato, Irish potato, murphy, spud]
- (UK): /ˈteɪtə/, /"teIt@/
- (US): , /ˈteɪtɚ/, /"teIt@`/
- Rhymes with: -eɪtə(r)
- In the context of "UK|US|informal}} A potato.
Tater can refer to any one of several things:
- Tater, dialect term for "potato", see potato (word).
- Tater people, a medieval term for the Norwegian and Swedish Travellers, a group of the Romany people (See also: Tatar (disambiguation))
- A last name of people with roots going back to the Indian desert state of Rajasthan
- Tater, a slang term for a home run in baseball
- A nickname such as Nashville's famous Mark "Tater" Harris
- "Tater Salad", nickname of comedian Ron White
- TATEr, nickname for gullible fans of the Philadelphia Eagles who post frequently in the Talk About the Eagles section of the Philadelphia Eagles Message Board, and will believe almost any rumor that is being discussed.
- Tatars, for the Turkic people of Central Asia